Now that Christmas and New Year are over, one of your resolutions for January may be getting to grips with your Instagram account, whether that’s for business or pleasure.
If you’ve logged in recently, after swiping through stories and answering a few fun polls, you may have noticed something new appear – ‘Popular Hashtags’ or ‘Follow Hashtags’.
You’ll now be able to see the best posts for favourite hashtags in your regular Instagram feed and stories bar.
How do I set it up?
- Go to Instagram and search for a hashtag that you’re interested in
- Click on the ‘Follow’ button at the top of the hashtag page
Note – other users will also be able to see which hashtags you follow by tapping on the ‘Following’ section on your profile. You can unfollow a hashtag any time.
What’s the point of it?
The upgrade is aimed to help you “discover more posts from the interests and communities you care about,” Instagram said in a release. That way, it’ll be easier for Instagram users to keep up to date with their favourite interests, whilst using the app.
- Hashtags are not case-sensitive
- Numbers are allowed in hashtags
- Spaces and special characters, like £ or %, won’t work
- You can only add hashtags to your own posts
- You can use up to 30 hashtags in an Instagram post
- Most used hashtags currently are #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #follow #followme #photooftheday
- Did you know some hashtags are banned!
What would you like to see Instagram bring out for 2018? We’re very excited that they’re (finally) testing a possible regram button! This will mean it’s super easy to share other people’s posts without any possible mistakes being made in the process. It works both ways too so people will easily be able to share your content. This will expand your reach, which can only be a positive thing.
AdEspresso post a Top Instagram Updates You Need to Know blog on a monthly basis which is brilliant for keeping you in the loop.
Try the Follow Hashtags feature on Instagram and let us know what you think! Make sure to follow us on Instagram too if you don’t already, and we’ll follow you back!
Read the article? Now watch the vlog!